GET MONTHLY EMAILS ON ALL THINGS MAIN STREET!

Buckeye Women’s Club

Share This Post

Buckeye Women’s Club

The first meetings for the Buckeye Women’s Club were held at the members homes. As membership grew, the club relocated their meetings to the Old County Building which housed the prision and library.

Unfortunately, the prisoners were loud and frightened some of the women. This inspired the group to own their own clubhouse. Thankfully, Mrs. L.A. DeRosier donated land where the clubhouse now sits On June 6, 1935 a thankful Buckeye Woman’s Club met for a pot luck dinner in their new clubhouse for the first time.  

Built Circa 1935

Follow Us

Recent Posts

Sign up for our Newsletter

Stay up-to-date with all the latest news, exclusive offers, and exciting updates from our nonprofit by signing up for our newsletter!