It’s the most magical time in Historic Downtown Buckeye, Arizona!
The Buckeye Main Street Coalition and the City of Buckeye are proud to present the 18th Annual Glow on Monroe Electric Light Parade in Historic Downtown Buckeye. Join us for family fun filled evening of holiday magic featuring glowing floats, music, hot chocolate and more.
Tis the season to get your glow on!
Show your Holiday Spirit all the way down Monroe Ave. Participation is free, just sign-up below and get ready for all the fun.
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Glow on Monroe Electric Light Parade in Buckeye, AZ, to be held on December 11, 2021; I, do for myself, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release and forever discharge the Buckeye Main Street Coalition, City of Buckeye, and the executors of and from any and every claim, demand, action of right of actions, of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of any bodily injury of personal injuries, know or unknown, death or property damage, resulting or to result from any accident or illness which may occur as a result of participation or any activities in connection therewith, whether by negligence or not, for all participants involved in float entry. I agree to comply with all policies and rules, including but not limited to all Buckeye Main Street Coalition policies, guidelines, signage, and instructions.
By selecting “I AGREE” and submitting my application on the Glow on Monroe submission form or by signing and submitting the downloadable form, I also agree to release and forever discharge the Buckeye Main Street Coalition, City of Buckeye and the executors of from any and all liability for the unintentional exposure, harm, or loss due to COVID-19.
- All entries must be lighted by a safe power source. No power will be provided.
- A minimum of one 2A10BC type fire extinguisher must be provided on float. If an individual is in an enclosure, there must be one fire extinguisher inside and an additional extinguisher outside the common area of the float.
- Float entries cannot exceed 13 feet in height.
- Entries not abiding by these regulations may be removed from event.
Tips for lighting your parade entry – lighting can be achieved in several fairly simple ways:
- Portable gasoline powered generations. This is a simple way to provide lighting without complicated
wiring. You can use regular Christmas lights designed for house current.
- Inverters: an inverter is a device that converts 12 volts DC current to 110 volt AC (household current). This device can
be easily connected to the vehicle’s cigarette lighter or directly to the electrical system. Another option would be to
carry a regular 12-volt power source (an auto battery for example) directly on your entry. Inverters are available
locally as well as most auto parts stores. You will need to match the capacity of the inverter to the total wattage
needed to operate the lights on your entry.
- Standard battery operated devices.